This week BiblePay had its monthly budget pay out to all passing proposals. This has allowed BiblePay to self fund itself and fund charities and community work in a decentralized way. The total budget was 15,375,000 BBP. Half the budget is designated for Charity and the other half for IT/PR/etc.
Here are some notable proposals that passed:
– We funded $1,200 to a Childrens Canoeing trip in Slovakia, this will help pay for accommodation in the camp, food, leasing of rafting equipment, and travel costs.
– We funded another 3 months more of sponsorships with the nonprofit charity BLOOM (Be Love Orphan Outreach Missions) sending 10 kids to school (with uniforms, tuition, shelter, food) in Uganda and 3 in Sierra Leone
– We funded 7 million BBP for the Charity Compassion International, and have previously prepaid 3 months of sponsorships for all of the orphans and are working towards 6 months of prepayments.
– We were offered to be listed on the Exchange CryptoBridge and we put it up to a vote, and the vote passed, so after our next mandatory on June 26th we will be listed on the decentralized exchange CryptoBridge: https://crypto-bridge.org/
– We currently have an issue with our 2nd CPU research project, World Community Grid, run by IBM. Because of new European regulations we are not able to access the data files we need and so we are slowly phasing out the rewards for the project until the issue is resolved, We still fully support the Rosetta@home research project.
– C-CEX Exchange, our main exchange, is going on summer vacation for 3 months and will be in limited service mode, meaning no withdrawals or deposits.